A bit of Spring cleaning...

So, I had two days this week without any work or any little people.  'I think I'll give the house a good once over' I said to my husband.  I wrote a list, bought some new cleaning products and even ordered a new mop from Amazon!

On Monday I got up and walked the dog and whilst we were out in the fields I started to think about Raggy Rose's back story.  Where did she come from?  How did she meet the other toys?  A few rhymes started to form in my mind... top of the house/friend is a mouse...  So, Rose originally lived in the loft!  How did she meet the others?  Make some space/light hit her face... 

I got home and picked up my notepad to capture the beginning of the poem, switching on the TV as I did so to catch the latest on the Winter Olympics whilst I wrote.  Stepping right through the wall/doll began to fall...  something hard and round/shot right down to the ground...

A few hours later... I had the story of the Gutter Slide, the Canadians had taken another gold and my house was no cleaner!


And once I've got the story, I just need to get on with the illustrations so Tuesday was also pretty much taken up with winter sport and drawing but I'm really pleased with Rose's story which explains how... 

Rose has a group of special friends whom she loves with all her heart
But there was a time, not so long ago, when Rose and the toys were apart












Comments

Popular Posts